Successful & Diverse Practitioners
Family Practice is a diverse specialty, as illustrated by the career paths of Mountainside Medical Center Family Practice Residency Program graduates:
- 61% of our alumni practice in the suburbs, 21% practice in urban areas and 18% classify their practice location as rural.
- 54% of our alumni are members of group practices and 26% are solo practitioners. The remaining 20% are involved in medical education.
- 93% of alumni have hospital privileges.
- 92% of alumni have active pediatric practices.
- 47% of alumni provide services to nursing homes.
- 16% of our alumni provide pre-natal care.
- 5% of our graduates have earned Certificates of Advanced Qualifications.
- All of our 2016 graduates passed the American Board of Family Medicine Certification exam before their graduation.
In addition, our program addresses the challenges associated with providing whole person care within the context of time challenges intrinsic in primary care medicine. Teaching occurs via lectures, clinical consultations, psychosocial precepting and individual tutorials with the faculty psychologist and psychiatrist.