Focused on medical excellence and community service for more than a century
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the Mountainside Medical Center (HUMC-M) has been serving Montclair and surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. Consistent with its mission to provide convenient local access to world-class care, the hospital became a member of the Hackensack University Health Network in 2012, a strategic decision that rendered it well-positioned to thrive in today’s rapidly evolving operating environment. Our affiliation has facilitated clinical integration with other network affiliates and its flagship hospital, the nationally recognized Hackensack University Medical Center.
Our campus encompasses:
- Centers dedicated to women’s health, cancer care, cardiology, surgery, chronic kidney disease, ambulatory care, emergency care and numerous other disciplines
- A Bariatrics program awarded a Center of Excellence designation
- A robust Geriatric Psychiatry program with dedicated inpatient beds
- A Wound Care center equipped with hyperbaric oxygen therapy chambers
- Thriving OB/Labor & Delivery departments that include a Perinatology program and a Level II Neonatal Nursery
- An Emergency Services Department that handles more 40,000 patient visits per year
- Successful Hospitalist and Intensivist Programs
A member of the Montclair Health Systems, LLC
On February 1, Montclair Health System, LLC, a joint venture of LHP Hospital Group, Inc. and Hackensack University Medical Center, initiated the state government process required to acquire Mountainside Hospital.
Mountainside Medical Center is unique among New Jersey hospitals. While many others are seeking new owners because their futures remain uncertain, one of the nation’s most prestigious hospitals, HackensackUMC and LHP Hospital Group, Inc. one of the nation’s most innovative capital and healthcare management firms are choosing to affiliate with Mountainside Medical Center because of its strength and stability.
To learn more, visit Mountainside Hospital Set for a New Phase of Community Health Excellence with LHP Hospital Group, Inc. and Hackensack University Medical Center Joint Venture.