Dynamic Clinical Training in a Desirable, Friendly & Convenient Setting
The Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Dental Residency Programs at Mountainside Medical Center are dedicated to providing didactic education while also serving primary care needs in the hospital’s greater suburban Essex County, NJ service area. Our programs are carefully designed to provide an exceptional clinical training experience and ample one-on-one mentoring. With a distinguished history and a prestigious network affiliation, our residency programs are both well-established and in alignment with the most current and effective clinical trends, technologies and protocols.
Our Residencies Offer...
- Opportunities to learn from and be mentored by distinguished physicians who are also experienced educators
- Participation in research and opportunities to present posters at national meetings
- Attendance at lectures, grand rounds, presentations and departmental and interdepartmental conferences
- Numerous electives and office preceptorships
- A Health Sciences Library [active link to library page] with the most authoritative medical information resources (open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with 24/7 ID access and remote availability to its electronic resources).
A Vibrant Community
- Montclair and neighboring towns have a wide array of desirable housing options ranging from single-family homes to condominiums and apartments.
- New York magazine has called Montclair “a cultural oasis” and one of the best suburbs in the NYC metro area. It’s a very desirable locale with many distinctive restaurants, shops and recreational activities, as well as convenient access to NYC via mass transit or by car.
- On vacation and days off, area residents can choose from city, shore and mountain locales, all of which are readily accessible by car or public transit.
Resident salaries (2015-16)
Mountainside Medical Center is a proud member of the Hackensack University Health Network, future home of the Hackensack-Seton Hall School of Medicine.
- PGY I $50,233
- PGY II $53,637.
- PGY III $56,923